This position will be responsible for maintaining financial records, budgeting, forecasting, investment management, banking relations, supervising accounting personnel and providing strategic financial guidance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily duties will in include the following:
- Managing internal, financial & accounting systems and coordinating with all departments in timely manner.
- Reporting financial status, developing forecasts, analyzing variances (including monthly and quarterly financial statements).
- Working with independent audit / accounting firm for tax, audit & financial reporting.
- Creating finance strategies appropriate to company plans and priorities
- Communicating and enforcing company’s policies, procedures, planning and monitoring.
- Developing recommendations & establishing functional objectives in line with organizational objectives & strategies.
- Analyzing organization financial operations by identifying opportunities for improvement, cost reduction, and systems enhancement.
- Maximizing return on invested funds by identifying investment opportunities and maintaining relationships with the investment community.
- Updating job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations or relevant requirements.
- The CFO is charged with managing the organization’s internal financial systems and supervises any staff in the finance department, making sure that the department runs smoothly.
- The CFO ensures maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- The CFO ensures timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting to company VP of Operations, General Counsel, and CEO, as well as the company Board & Investors.
- The CFO makes sure that all reports are made to all the appropriate departments in a timely manner.
- The CFO coordinates audits and makes sure the proper filing of tax returns is handled in a timely manner.
- The CFO ensures all legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions is maintained.
- The CFO coordinates with any outside accounting entities as needed.
Qualifications Required for Position
- Experience with a manufacturing company highly preferred.
- A minimum of 8 years experience in a senior managing role.
- CPA designation preferred.
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting computer applications.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- Ability to produce results under pressure and work collaboratively with various departments and individuals at company.
- Proficiency in QuickBooks required.
- Must pass a security & background check.
- Familiarity with corporate tax preparations required.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.