The USMI Electronic Technician will inspect, analyze, repair and provide regular maintenance on USMI surgical devices and equipment, both on-site and in the field as necessary. Additionally, s/he will complete any needed follow-up steps, paperwork, or other ISO protocols to ensure the quality of USMI products and compliance with USMI quality and service programs and any applicable external requirements. Ideal candidate will have basic knowledge of electrical engineering. Some medical device experience is desired but not mandatory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works and reads from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions to perform quality testing on surgical devices and equipment.
- Inspect, test, calibrate, analyze, trouble-shoot, and repair electrosurgical devices and equipment, i.e. generators, and takes appropriate action to correct any issues.
- Travel to offsite locations to transport, troubleshoot and/or repair equipment and devices.
- Maintains records and files of readings, data collected during calibration, trouble-shooting, preventive maintenance and other tasks, in compliance with ISO and USMI requirements.
- Performs preventive, corrective and scheduled maintenance of equipment and devices.
- Performs other duties as assigned by R&D Director or CEO.
- Examples of authorities include release, test, prepare design documentation, etc.
Qualifications Required for Position
- Associates degree or Certification in Electrical Technology, Electrical Engineering or related field of study.
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Must have and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Legally able to work in US.
- Ability to read digital analyzer.
- Ability to lift up to 15 lbs. of equipment.
- EPA or EEP Certificate preferred.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and references to email@example.com.