The Manufacturing & Supply Chain Specialist is responsible for providing manufacturing operations with material support to ensure on-time product delivery to our customers. Activities will focus on planning and purchasing, and production control functions to coordinate and expedite components for production.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage sourcing decisions covering selected commodities to ensure end products meet technical, financial, and operational requirements.
- Convert customer requirements into purchase orders using production schedules and engineering Bills of Material.
- Provide production control support by issuing manufacturing orders, communicating schedule priority, and addressing component shortages.
- Source, purchase, plan, and schedule the movement of materials, components, and services to support the production process and shipment of goods.
- Reschedule, track, and expedite open orders to assure on-time deliveries are achieved.
- Serve as the liaison among suppliers, engineering, planning, stockroom, manufacturing, and quality assurance.
- Implement Supply Chain Management strategies to achieve low total costs, effective asset management, continuous quality improvement, on-time delivery based on PO request dates, and lead time reductions.
- Establish and manage key supplier performance goals and objectives.
Qualifications Required for Position
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline such as Supply Chain, Engineering, or Procurement.
- Basic knowledge of materials management, production planning and purchasing.
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize with a variety requests and deadlines.
- Team player.
- Self-directed to respond to internal and external customer needs.
- Must have excellent technical management and communication skills.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.