This is a technical position that entails design of plasma generator products used in commercial medical systems. This individual will actively contribute to the design of the device and participate in a structured product development process. S/he will be the quality and regulatory engineering point-of-contact and FDA engineering liaison. The Senior Product Engineer will also partake in equipment repair and assessment activities. This is a detailed position that includes planning and designing the electrical circuit and product development activities. The position offers the opportunity to work in a team environment with individuals and groups located worldwide.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A major part of the responsibility will be to apply current skills and use up-to-date technologies to complete projects as part of the development cycle including:
- Equipment repair and assessment.
- Planning and designing the electrical circuit and product development activities.
- Analog and Digital circuit design and implementation.
- RF components selection and design (including IR and visible spectrum).
- Failure mode and parametric analysis of electrical designs.
- Design verification testing for requirements fulfillment.
- Design for Manufacturability, Testability and Cost; Factory introduction.
- FDA, Standards, Quality Assurance & Regulatory work.
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving complex problems.
Authorities for Position
- As part of a team, the electrical engineer will participate in technical discussions where evaluating and executing design and development plans for products are reviewed.
- Electrical developer will have direct influence on the decisions and outcomes related to project direction.
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals.
Qualifications Required for Position
- High level of self-motivation and a drive for self-development.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess the ability to guide, train and mentor engineers and technicians.
- Previous experience with RF product design is required.
- Experience in mathematical analysis.
- Strong analog and digital circuit troubleshooting skills.
- Proven experience with switch power system designs and digital circuit design & timing analysis required.
- FPGA and embedded system experience.
- Must have a thorough understanding of product design and manufacturability, testability and cost effectiveness..
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.