The Software Engineer will work as part of a team responsible for actively participating in the development of medical product software systems. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the team is on competitive market and customer requirements, technological advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software Engineers focus on enhancements to support the R&D device software development, testing and inspection, as well as preparing and documenting engineering information.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
A major part of the responsibility will be to apply current skills and use up-to-date technologies to complete projects as part of the development cycle including:
- Linux embedded system application development
- Test automation
- Performance analysis
- Platform / server maintenance
- The tasks this individual is responsible for are often non-routine and unstructured, requiring creative solutions.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving complex problems.
Authorities for Position
- As part of a team, the Software Engineer will participate in technical discussions where evaluating and executing design and development plans for products are reviewed.
- Software Engineer will have direct influence on the decisions and outcomes related to project direction.
- A willingness to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals are also required.
Qualifications Required for Position
- Master of Computer Engineering degree or equaling degree.
- Linux, C++, Java, JQuarry, Eclipse, VHDL, Verilog and other development languages.
- Open Source / Collaborative Environment.
- Design Patterns.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- A history of developing Linux embedded system.
- Commercial Product Development.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of other engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards.
- Experience in software design and development.
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies.
- A strong understanding of basic to complex concepts related to robotic architecture, data structures and programming practices.
- Ability to follow standard engineering principles and practices.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
To apply for this position, please send your resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.